Monday, November 8, 2010

Cloud 10's 'Where Are They Now': Fatty Koo


Every now and again I go on a Twitter nostalgic rant especially as it relates to music artists.  #Whateverhappenedto was the topic and I been wondering WHAT THE FUGG EVER HAPPENED to Fatty Koo?  Besides having a very 'interesting' albeit suggestive name, Fatty Koo actually had some nice jams.  I can remember watching their BET show 'Blowin Up: Fatty Koo' and going out to buy their album "House of Fatty Koo'.  Now if anyone could tell me where Valure, Marya, Eddie, Gabrielle, Joshua and Ron are that would be AWESOME.  P.S. I only remembered Valure's name had to Google/Wikipedia the HELL out of their names yo... -shrugs-

I mean damn I haven't heard or seen a blip on the map from them since 05' man.  I mean Bounce, Bounce (Move Ya body to the Boogaloo Beat) still thumps and Chills will get you some Pi if you play that shit during the right time.  I bet Valure done had 4 kids, Eddie is shucking oysters on a boardwalk somewhere, Gabrielle went on a spiritual retreat and calls her self Smallie Koo, Joshua was the unlucky recipient of #ThePlate, Ron is greeting customers with Amil down at the Big K and Marya is in Venezuela getting ready to welcome back Kat Stacks....  #anywaydoe I wished this group had more longevity but in today's industry that's asking a whole lot.   The group had bonafide talent and each and every one of them could hold their own on lead but Valure's voice was always the one that attracted me most.   I still don't know why they had 9 people in one group especially when they added the Chris Brown/TI looking dude last minute but....

Shout out to Luvvisha AdeRatchet!!

-pours out some Cranberry-


LV



No comments:

Post a Comment