Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cloud 10's Tribute to Lunch Box Classics!!

                                         All Hail the original QUEEN BEE!! Little Debbie!!

How many of us used to fiend for the days when we would go to school everyday, do our arithmetic (isn't that an old ass thing to say? ARITHMETIC), spelling tests, P.E. and most importantly BREAK TIME!  Recess meant if you had a proper system you would have 2-3 snacks and a drink to crush during the first recess, a lunch and drink and then the afternoon break another snack.  If you were balling or greedy as Precious you'd have something stashed for after school too.  HELL YEAH!!! Anyway we took Twitter over on Tuesday going in with our nostalgic attachments to Little Debbie pies, Honey Buns, Doritos and Honey Buns so I thought it only appropriate to do a tribute post to our childhood snacks on here!!

1) Capri Sun - Now tell me you weren't GEEKED to drink your Capri Sun everyday?  The biggest challenge was being an expert at sticking the straw in hole that was placed in an awkward position..(wait we're still talking about Capri Suns right??) Yeah anyway if you were like me you made sure to freeze your Capri Sun everyday to make sure it was nice and cold or icy enough so you could cut it open and eat the icy sweet goodness!! WOOT The Pacific Cooler and Fruit Punch were my favorites!!!


2) Yoo Hoo - Now I never really fugged with Yoo Hoo's like that but these looked like the chocolate milk drinks to mess with on the daily.  Yoo Hoo baby YOO HOO!!


3)Dunkaroos - Mayne I just had some Dunkaroos a couple years ago at my old job and the memories came flooding back.  You were considered in the COOL club if you had Dunkaroos in your lunch box.  WOOT Dunk-a-FUGGING-rooooooooooooos!!!


4) Fruit By The Foot - Yup Yup another product that automatically elevated you to the ELITE club even it is was only during recess.  God thing about Fruit by the Foot was if you were nasty you would unwind the whole thing from the tape around your germ infested finger. Or if you were a Tony Chelub in training you would just eat it straight off of the tape.  Either way this was the TRUTH!!  I know I'm not the only one who thought Fruit by the Foot was like 6 feet long... Shout out to the bootleg brands my moms would buy too..

5) Fruit Roll Up - Before there was Fruit By the foot the original ROLLED UP anything brand was Fruit by the Fruit!!! I remember they had the tattoo joints that used to transfer on to your tongue.  Tell me you weren't an expert if you could get your Fruit Roll-Up clean off that sheet without it breaking apart or staying stuck?? SHIIIIIIIIIIIID!!

6) Barnum's Animal Crackers - Mayne when I saw that picture (above) I almost shed a muffugging tear yo!! I remember religiously my mama would put me in the trolley and I would sit in that basket like a G and we'd go to the cookies aisle and I'd get my Barnum's Animal Cracker to CRUSH while I rode through the store.  Yeah gangsters like ME would eat food in the grocery store before paying for it!! ARE THEY STILL MAKING THESE AND WHERE CAN I COP A BOX??


7) Lil Debbie Cakes - Yall know I ride EXTRA hard for Little Debbie right?  I mean she's the matriarch of this entire post!! Little Debbie was THAT BISH back in the day!! The fact that my mama's name is Debbie makes Lil Debbie even more of a G in my books!  My moms stanned hard for Little Debbie too so it was only natural.  Whether it was Raisin Cream Pies, Swiss Rolls, Zebra Cakes, Nutty Bars, Oatmeal Cream Pies, Banana Pies, Fudge Brownies (with the nuts on top) or the Honey Bun Little Debbie offered a lot of options for us!!

8) Honey Bun - I never really liked Honey Buns as a kid but I knew every kid in the hood STANNED extra hard for Honey Buns.  I'm not talking about the Little Debbie version posted at #7 I'm talking about the bootleg brands like Duchess!  Man those public school kids would eat a Honey Bun and a soda and that was their meal for the day!!!

9) Teddy Grahams - I stanned hard for the Honey Graham and Chocolate joints.. I didn't really fugg with the chocolate chip and cinnamon joints that much.  But them Teddy Grahams I beheaded many of em in my life. Please note that the picture above features...WHOLE GRAIN aka The Health Fanatics have changed the original recipe!  See I can get down with the health movement but you don't just go CHANGING CLASSICS all willy nilly!!!


10) Planters Cheez Balls - This is one that really vexates me man! Planters stopped making Cheez Balls!!  Along with being a BOMB ASS snack to munch on, the spherical shapes were mint!  The empty Planters cans especially the tall Cheez Balls ones always made dope drums!!  I found an online petition that you need to sign in order to bring Cheez Balls back!! Let your voices be heard over HERE

Anyway that's all for today!! Check back for Part 2 with the remainder of our favorite childhood snacks!!

-LV-

No comments:

Post a Comment