Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cloud 10 LV Presents: Street Etiquette's 'The Black Ivy'



Damn I'd be remiss if I didn't admit that I was in utter adulation when I saw this post from the guys over at Street Etiquette.  The blog ran by 20 year olds (far more mature than their age represents) Joshua Kissi and Travis Gumbs (who are featured in the photographs) displays HBCU's and black prep culture in a light I had never seen before.  I mean I have always seen glimpses and I was embodying this lifestyle that I could never put a correct title to but I just knew what it was in the way I carried myself and the clothes I chose.  It gives my great pleasure to share a photo diary that I would KILL to be a part of.   They evoked the spirit of the true HBCU experience by tapping into the sartorial roots of great institutions like Howard, Morehouse and Spelman! 

Tell me you can't see me in this shot!?!?!?! LOL WOOT Long live Prepsters!

Props!

Photography by Fred Egan of Unabashedly Prep

  
The Black Ivy from Street Etiquette on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment