Monday, April 18, 2011

Cloud 10 Status: Kanye's Coachella Performance

Standing tall and mighty!!

I had no idea Kanye Omari was performing and closing out Coachella in Indio, California last night, thank Hip Hop Jesus in the Shell-toe Adidas that I happened to take a nap during the day and I happened to be on Twitter when I saw the link http://youtube.com/Coachella (Kanye Performance) meander across my TL not once but twice.  Clicking on that link solidified my place as a witness of Hip Hop history.  You see on April 18th in the wee hours of the morning Kanye West in all his polarizing and grandiose glory single-handedly cemented his place as a musical icon and genius in the same class as Elvis, The Beatles and the incomporable Michael Jackson.

You see Kanye not only put on a performance, he created a all-around spectacle that encompassed bravado, nail-biting drama, theatrics, lights, ballet, hysteria, and spectacle! If you follow me on Twitter, you can attest to the speed at which I experienced a variety of emotions, from sheer hype and disbelief, to nostalgic melancholy and even somber reflection.  Kanye's performance was all that and much much more! If you didn't like Kanye before you at least have to respect his vision and balls as he took us, his audience both near and far (Thank God for the majesty known as the World Wide Web) through a set of his newest hits including H.A.M., Hell of a Life, Power and All of the Lights to old classics like Through The Wire, Stronger, Gold Digger, It All Falls Down, G.O.O.D Life and many many more.

By the end of it I was wiping away a single tear as Kanye dedicated his song 'Hey Mama' and entire performance to his mother Donda.  There was also the awkward moments when it was clear that Kanye was still coming to terms with the loss of his girlfriend of two years, Amber Rose.  When it was all said and done it was 3:45 and I was thanking my lucky stars along with my Twitter Posse that we got to witness such a beautiful 90 minute set! Fellow Hip Hop acts you have a tough, tough and arduous road ahead to top that!



LV

No comments:

Post a Comment