Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cloud 10's New Artist Spolight: Aloe Blacc


Its been a while since I've spotlighted new talent but as soon as I clicked on the video by MADE Berlin I knew this dude Aloe Blacc was the truth!  I didn't even realize he was the guy who sang the 'How to make it in America' intro until the interview got further in.  Aloe Blacc who hails from L.A. exudes a certain soul and vibe that immediately made me gravitate to his sound.  

There are certain artists who embody that old school sound that makes their sound so fresh yet so nostalgic.  Aloe Blacc is one of those guys who has clearly been influenced by the great soul and Hip-Hop musicians of our time! 

Check out the video below to find out some more about him as an artist and his influences, then check out some of my favorite Aloe Blacc listens.  Definitely some music for the iPod!!


VISIONS OF VISIONARIES WITH ALOE BLACC | MADE from MADE Blog on Vimeo.


I Need A Dollar - Aloe Blacc


Busking - Aloe Blacc


Blind World - Aloe Blacc


Get Down - Aloe Blacc


LV

No comments:

Post a Comment