Monday, October 25, 2010

Cloud 10 Status: Kanye West's Short Film 'Runaway'


The spectacle that is the Runaway is finally here and available for public viewing.   I have so many thoughts about Yeezy's foray into a art driven piece!!  I mean from the cinematography, to the art direction and the use of Selita Ebanks as his muse and 'Phoenix'.  Yeezy created a piece that went over the heads of many individuals.  Art is really not for the masses and it takes a very trained and sometimes pretentious eye to understand.  I would say I would prefer to see Snoop Dogg act in 15 feature films than to see Yeezy act ever again!!  DID YALL SEE KANG MICHAEL!?!?! THE KANG LOOKING LIKE THE LEAD BANNER OF A JUNKANOO PARADE!!  Damn that shit was atrocious!  I will be writing a more in-depth analysis of Runaway for my upcoming piece in Stylezine Magazine so stay tuned!!

In the meantime check the video out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment