Friday, June 18, 2010

Cloud 10 Status: 2010 NBA Champions Your Los Angeles Lakers


My Lakers how far we've come, in a season when I never really doubted the resolve or energy of the team we had our work cut out for us this series.  Boston put up one hell of a fight but the Lakers won and showed up when it really mattered. Ron Artest (who thanked his hood and hawked his new single 'I'm a Champion') came up clutch in the Finals when so many people (myself included questioned whether acquiring Ron Ron over Trevor Ariza was a good move).  At the end of the day Ron came and showed up major in Game 7 and I have no clue if the outcome would've been the same had he not played.  I had thrown my hat in frustration and could only bite my nails as I anxiously watched the Lakers claw their way back into a game that was still sitting at 55 points near the end of the 3rd quarter.  In the end the Lakers slugged their way to a 83-79 hard fought contest.  Kudos to the Celtics but we wanted this win way more.  Kobe Bryant who had a underwhelming performance shooting wise still came up clutch and for the entire series was the ultimate leader and was of course awarded the MVP Award (Lebron who??).

P.S. I say we because I have rode with my team during the ups and downs (Rudy Tomjanovich anyone?) times before the 3 peat series of the early 2000's so I earned the right to say WE.

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Lakers for their 2 straight championship victory, Kobe and D-Fish now have 5 rings, Lamar, Pau, Andrew, Shannon Brown have 2 and Phil has 11. WOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment